Audiology Links and resources
- Phonak UK
- Supplier of coloured hearing aids.
- Site about children and hearing sponsored by Oticon,
hearing aid manufacturer.
- EarWear are the Canadian company mentioned who produced not only coloured
aids but also one which are fashioned as jewelry such as a lightning bolt,
Banana, Cupid etc.
- Deafness/Hard of Hearing
- This section on About.com is probably the best starting point for any
web search or research on hearing or deafness.
- The Listen Up Web
- Useful article called "If Your Child Won't Keep Their Hearing Aids
Lots of hints, tips and advice about convincing newly diagnosed children to keep
their aids in. Also small section on colored aids and earmolds.
- Starkey laboratories
- Providers of favorite team logos for fitting in earmoulds and also a range of images aimed at younger children.
- Deaf Linx
- Guide to hearing aids with useful links. (NB Most of the links are USA related)
- National Deaf Children's Society
- UK charity run by Deaf people for Deaf people
- Royal National Institute for Deaf People
- RNID is the largest charity representing the 8.7 million deaf and hard of hearing people in the UKi
- British Society of Audiology
- The largest Audiology society in Europe. It is multi-disciplinary and has members from all areas of Audiology in the UK and throughout the world.
- British Deaf Association
- The largest UK organisation run by Deaf people, for Deaf people
- Deaf United Kingdom Directory
- Useful UK contacts list
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- UK charity dedicated to training, providing and supporting dogs to help deaf people.
- See Hear
- BBC-TV weekly magazine programme for deaf and hard of hearing people, produced in sign language with open subtitles
- Defeating Deafness
- UK's only national medical research charity for hearing impaired people